Application Pack and Application Form can be found at the bottom of this page on "Recruitment Page" link.
What we expect from you!
At City of Birmingham School, we are passionate about our commitment to the pupils and staff and the high level of education support and opportunities we provide them. We value every individual, respecting them for who they are and for their uniqueness where recognising they are a part of our strength. We are open and honest in our relationships and in varying types of commutation. The staff here at COBS work as one school, (not eight distinct sites). The school leaders are willing to make brave decisions, to take on big challenges and see them through to fruition. COBS has a culture of inclusivity, honesty, trust, support and teamwork. Our ethos, vision and values of Ready, Respectful, and Responsible are embedded in all our working practices by pupils and staff alike
Candidates who apply to work at COBS should be:
- Be passionate about working with and making difference for pupils who have behavioural and emotional needs
- Be eager to implement positive change; actively seeking opportunities to make a difference in our pupils lives
- Be excited by the opportunities to get involved with new projects and expanding his/her knowledge
- Making a strong impression on others by consistently displaying a positive and upbeat attitude; enthuses others
- Speaks proudly of COBS and wanting to promote the schools ethos, vision and values
- Seeks opportunities for positive change to support pupils to achieve and succeed
- Polite and professional at all times; well-mannered and approachable
- Empower others by encourage them to contribute to the best of their abilities
- Demonstrate diplomacy within communications
- Show respect for management decisions
- Constructive when challenging others’ ideas or decisions
- Show awareness of other’s ways of working and adapt style to suit situations
- Champion openness in communications through own approach
- Act with integrity and ensure the confidentially and sensitive information.
- Actively seek to understand priorities and direction of other areas of the school
- Balance the needs of own area with that of other functions across the school
- Work collaboratively with other across the school
- Consider the impact of actions on their areas and create an inclusive approach to change
- Take responsibility for decisions/recommendations they have made
- Apply common sense, logical thinking and relevant information when seeking a solution
- Makes decisions based on evidence; adopt a methodical and objective approach to problem solving.
Click here to return to the Recruitment Page