City of Birmingham School has eight specialised teaching centres across the City offering personalised educational programmes along with commissioned places for KS4 pupils in Alternative Provision.
We also offer high quality outreach support for schools and settings on a traded basis. We work with the Birmingham Family of Schools, and schools and settings beyond Birmingham.
City of Birmingham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all children and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please do not send a CV. Instead, use the relevant application form available to download from the links below and follow the instructions for submission of your application
For further information please contact our HR department who will be happy to assist on Tel: 0121 303 0272
Please see our Safe Recruitment Policy which will provide you with information and guidance on all our recruitment and selection procedures
What you can expect from us!
- Free car parking – free parking is available on site for all our employee
- Great Learning and Development Opportunities – staff are encouraged to learn and develop. This is facilitated through a variety of internal and external training courses plus mentoring programmes and secondments opportunities.
- Progression and career development opportunities
- Structured and focused Induction process
- Team spirit and collaborative working
- Equal Opportunities – COBs is committed to achieving fairness and equality in employment. The aim of our policy is to ensure that no employee, or potential employee, received less favourable treatment or is disadvantaged on the grounds of disability, race, colour, nationality or ethnic origin, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, religious beliefs or any other justifiable case not specified.
- Occupational Health Services
- The Childcare Voucher Scheme, provided for Birmingham City Council by Sodexo Motivation Solutions UK, is a government approved, tax efficient way of paying for childcare and can be used for a wide range of care and activities.
- Mental Health and Wellbeing support through ‘help’, Employee Assistance and ‘Staff Care’. This service can help school staff with:
- Work-life balance
- Managing stress and pressure
- Dealing with difficult people
- Handling conflict situations
- Improving confidence and self-esteem
- Developing and using assertive behaviours
- Managing workplace situations
- Building resilience
- Local Government Pension Scheme (Support Staff) - The new scheme (LGPS 2014) will apply to pensionable service from 1 April 2014. Employees who are paying into LGPS now will be in the new scheme automatically from 1 April 2014.
- Teachers Pensions - https://www.teacherspensions.co.uk/
If you feel, you have the right skills and experience to provide these pupils with the necessary tools to succeed in the future please see our current vacancies and apply to become a member of City of Birmingham School!